cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband without landline

joeandjackie
Just joined

Hi,

How can I find out if my address can get Virgin Media broadband WITHOUT signing up to a landline rental? 

I understand in the past you had to have one with the other but now I believe you can just have broadband if Fibre has been locally installed. I know BT have installed fibre but no idea about Virgin.

Can't seem to find a way to find out and not keen to phone up for a long call.

Anyone know how to find out?

Cheers in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin & BT use totally different street infrastructure. So even if BT (Openreach) install fibre, it doesn't mean you can get Virgin. What does the Postcode checker tell you when you try to sign up?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM certainly offer broadband without home phone, if VM covers your area, but often it's cheaper to take a bundle with the landline that without.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2