cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband unavailable at my address, while the services are in the building.

BigSha
Tuning in

Hi All,

Returning customer here. I have used Virgin Broadband services in the past and was quite pleased.
I am moving home soon and encountered a strange issue, obstructing my signup with virgin broadband once again.

As I  enter my full address, Virgin is not able to find any offers for me, even though they do show up on broadband compare website.
What is more, my next door neighbour has full access to broadband fibre. His apartment entrance is literally  1 meter away from mine. My downstairs neighbour also has virgin fibre access. I checked by entering their address details.
It is a residential building with a shared staircase and 3 apartments per floor.

I believe it could be a minor fix of extending the cable from communal staircase area. I have called customer support online, filled in the form that appears after failed signup for services, and also contacted a Virgin Media customer rep from my past signup with Virgin Broadband.

I would understand if the service was simply not available in my area, but both of my neighbours have full access. I feel this could be resolved with a simple engineer check up and updated database. I would be even willing to pay for line extension or whatever was needed.

Please, someone within virgin media team. I am desperate and reaching out for any help!

1 REPLY 1

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @BigSha 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more