Menu
Amelia1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband set up

Trying to connect my broadband and set up my hub. Virgin media wall socket already has one cable connected to it that runs into the tv and no space for others. I also tried getting it out with the spanner provided but I can’t move it at all. 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband set up

You need one of these, and an extra cable:

This work can only be completed by a VM engineer as the power levels may need adjusting.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will need a splitter fitting into the line.

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the plastic spanner is one step off useless - use a pair of pliers or grips if you dont have a spanner - if you ordered tv and BB i thought they included a splitter - if not follow the advice above 

be sure they book it as a self install that did not work otherwise they are likely to charge you £99 for a non fault callout

Tony
0 Kudos