cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband self set up

Shepherd2
Joining in

I'm due to have my self set up delivered today and have been reading on here. I have spoke with someone on the phone who has organised a tech for Monday. But he didn't really seem to understand my situation.. 

Im just wondering if i have the correct wires for self set up? Frustrated I won't have any internet next few days. 

Here is the outside box what leads to inside wires? 

PXL_20230603_093212557.jpg

PXL_20230603_093219163.jpg

PXL_20230603_093300173.jpg

  

6 REPLIES 6

drodgers
Dialled in

The internal box you show is marked OpenReach with a Sky Microfilter. You need to find the VirginMedia internal box which will have a co-ax terminal. 

carl_pearce
Community elder

Where does the white wire lead to?

You need to check if this wire is from the external wall box where it appears to enter your home from the brown wire:

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard to see really, but I think that black wire is looped into the box onto the Brown twin cable.?  I'd reckon it's the end of the brown cable you need to find.  The maze of old phone wires can be ignored, as VM are using VoIP now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

From what I can see it appears to go from the openreach to the external box as you say. 

I can't seem to find one

If you have followed the cable back externally and can not locate it then you will need to book for a VM Tech to visit and complete your installation. 

The tech will try to find the cable or simply run a new one in.