Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband/phone setup

Having a nightmare, kit came today, no wire for phone connection, i cant find a point to connect it in my house (wasnt told i needed one), have checked account which says broadband only? done or through compare the market, broadband and phone (inc setup fee) and now just had a text to say I am activated yet I couldnt be as I can't connect? HELP!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband/phone setup

Hi why on earth did you assume you didn't need a connection point you need a coaxial cable coming in to your property to receive any virgin services, you will need to contact them to arrange an engineer to install the equipment, which probably will incur a charge. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't assume, it was not clear

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Donnabel wrote:

Having a nightmare, kit came today, no wire for phone connection, i cant find a point to connect it in my house (wasnt told i needed one), have checked account which says broadband only? done or through compare the market, broadband and phone (inc setup fee) and now just had a text to say I am activated yet I couldnt be as I can't connect? HELP!!

Is your phone contract for Voice Over IP (VOIP) ?

If it is you connect your phone to your Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was for home phone and broadband, called three times now and each time been cut off, last call the advisor was rude and seemed more interested in making me feel stupid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A lot of new contracts are getting VOIP as standard.

If your Hub is up and running plug your phone into the telephone socket and see if it works.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos