cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

nigelbu
Joining in

My broadband stopped working suddenly this morning. The router appears to keep rebooting itself. It's a media hub version three. I usually use it in modem mode but it's now out of modem mode since resetting it as suggested by Virgin Media. I now can't even log onto the router as it reboots itself before I get past the change language page.

I've tried to contact Virgin directly but keep getting setting to the test your connection page which now says to wait 20hours for it to fix itself before an engineer might come around.

Any advice other than waiting with no internet for the next couple of days? Or another way I could contact support to get someone to try and see what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a full 60 second pinhole reset. Do not reboot the Hub afterwards just let it settle and reboot on its own. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Have tried that already. It’s still going through the rebooting cycle and I can’t get past the choose a language page before it reboots again. We’ve got an engineer coming out to take a look this afternoon so hopefully they’ll be able to fix it. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could be a faulty Hub or the power levels are way out of spec, causing the reboots.  Hopefully the tech will fix it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks