Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not activated after house move

I moved my line to a new place on 22nd October and got the activation SMS but broadband has still not been activated.  I am using my old Hub 3 with the new cable they sent between the wall socket and the hub.  when I try to access the wifi it sends me to a 'Connection problem' page where the fix does not find anything.  The hub has a sustained yellowish light, not a bright white one. 

I see others have also had to wait.  I have been messaging for support through the chat app for two days using my phone hotspot, only got as far as a live agent twice, they managed to take my details but the transfer never reached the next department. 

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not activated after house move

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this they will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if it doesn’t go online you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. 

That would be 150 options 1,1,1 and 4 from a Virgin landline ,

Or

0345 4541111 options 1,1, 2 and 4 from any other phone

The best time to call is 08:00 when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you managed to get this sorted yet? I'm having the EXACT same issue today. I've been on hold for 7 hours over the day being passed from person to person with no resolution at all. Trying to work from home as we've had the track and trace app tell us to isolate for 12 days so I'm getting pretty desperate! No clue what to do....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@EmmaWeatherburn wrote:

... snip ...

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Emma Weatherburn, no luck yet. It looks like the chat is the only way to get support as far as I can see. 

Thanks, Mike.  Check status is not working, it says 'This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon. Other parts of the site might be working ...'  But I did what may be a similar check in the Connection problem page and nothing useful comes up. 

The telephone message just says call centres are shut and directs you to the 'Message us' chat bot. I came here because others with the same problem seem to have been helped by people like yourself who are not working for Virgin.  

Am I right in thinking this is going to need someone to activate it properly? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I HAVE THIS EXACT ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one answers the phone, you go round in circles with the chatbots and non of the website advice helps.

I am totally leaving Virgin as soon as i can actually speak to someone to leave!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue too!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to a customer service at 10am this morning, after copying and pasting my request (and time stamps of the previous messages) every half hour or so since yesterday morning. 

Virgin said it the line is fine on their side, so they have to send a technician, earliest date is Saturday afternoon.  So I went and bought a 4G wifi router from EE, the nearest shop. Plug it in and off you go, cancellable with 30 days' notice. A bit expensive for 4 days' use, but worth it for the ease and as a back up for the future.  And no guarantee that Virgin will repair it on Saturday.  It sounds like they are swamped.

Keep going through the Message bot, start the chat asap and rejoin the chat before 8am tomorrow.  Every so often you get an acknowledgement, and if you're very lucky a real agent takes some more details.  Don't give up and good luck! 

0 Kudos