Menu
DocRob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband isxues and false status

Hi, for the last 48 hours my broadband and phone has been very intermittent.  When I check the status on line in my area I see no faults. When I get through to faults they tell me there is and it is not expected to be fixed until 15 March.  How do I esculate this abismal service?  

0 Kudos
DocRob
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband isxues and false status

Update looking To the patern the problem occurs be ween 7 and 9 am and again in the evening looks like a capacity issue. Apparently Virgin say there are no faults but they also say target date for fix in 15 March. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If there is a capacity issue and there is work in hand to correct it, there is not much you can do unfortunately.  It might be worth phoning in a day or two before that date just to check that it's still in hand.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting to the Hub, wired or wireless?

By phone, do you mean landline or mobile?

Very unlikely to be a capacity issue between 7 - 9 am and a capacity issue will not be fixed in about a week, so there may be something else going on.
Did you manage to get a fault reference number off the Support Center?
This will actually confirm the fault and help you get a little money off your bill for the poor service

0 Kudos
DocRob
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be severely things happening or rather not. An Engineer came to sort out the backup phone line issue I have. He was able to see the actual network problem I have,  the hub is loosing synch and going into a re synch loop.  Measuring the single strength to the house shows that it is low. This is not the network problem that seems to be the case in our area. The engineer us coming back tomorrow with help to trace the problem. 

0 Kudos