Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Indafunkyhouse
Tuning in

Hi

Not sure if this is the right board so apologies if not

Is anyone else in area 20 having constant disconnections with their broadband? It’s been going on three weeks and I’m told 12th august is estimated fix date as it’s due to some signal to noise ratio. 

I can’t believe it would take this long to fix an issue. I’ve spoken to other people I know with Virgin in the M24 area and they do not have any issues

Customer services are next to useless and just put you on hold and cut you off as this how they think they should treat people so I’ve given up even trying on the phone now and thought here is my last resort

Thanks in advance

Jon

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First see this re areas and try the 0800 number

First check in 2 places for any “known network faults”

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Indafunkyhouse

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your connection! 

I can see that there is an outage in your area at the moment that will be effecting your connection. The estimates fix time for this is the 12th of August at 9am. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time? 

Thanks again.