cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband installs on bank holidays

Thamesbank
Joining in

Hi all,

Virgin at short notice canceled my engineer's visit and M100 installation this week and extended my install date by additional three weeks to Monday 2nd May, which is a bank holiday. Does anyone know if the engineers even work on bank holidays? 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 3 week appointment time shift into the future is regularly mentioned on here when an installation is delayed.

I doubt VM's order management system is that sophisticated to factor in bank holidays and the date has just been bumped on 3 weeks by an automated process.

Your story has all the tell-tale signs of a lengthy installation delay in the offing. Read through this forum and you will find many similar stories.

Are you waiting for a new cable to be installed to your property?

yes new cable

@Thamesbank wrote:
yes new cable

In that case, suggest you have a good read through the many similar topics on this forum about delayed VM cable installations for the wide range of possible outcomes that might follow (frequently a long delay and being strung along by VM with many failed promises of action to complete the work).

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And while you are waiting for Virgin to do something, check what alternative services are available now, or might become available from the many new companies installing fibre in the streets. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

csgohan4
On our wavelength

we had an engineer come out on bank holiday Friday, albeit to fix somthing