cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband installation

Emmaau04
Joining in

I signed up a few months ago, I was told that I needed the broadband put in a bit closer to my house and I would get an appointment. I feel like I am sitting the dark waiting for something that iant coming because I am unable to get an answer to when this appointment will be. 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and ask if they have placed an order to have the cables laid to your property.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Emmaau04,

Thank you for your post and welcome you to our forums 👋

As @Client62 has helpfully advised our pre-install team would be able to update you on this.

I can see you have not been in touch so I can see if there are any updates on this for you.
I will pop you over a PM, just keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

I called the number, and thought I had got it sorted, the man said the now how the permission, but it had been cancelled. He quickly sorted it for me and an appointment was made to have my broadband installed today. However, there aren't any appointments on my app, and the men haven't been around yet to place cables in the ground, I was told this would happen a couple of days before. 

I am getting really tired of waiting and being passed to different people, please can you help?  

@Emmaau04, I've had many surveyors & engineers out to get cable installed the only date I got in the app is when the engineer is coming to do the internal install, the 3rd party cable layers havent appeared in the app they seem to turn up whenever they want and I've been unable to get any dates for external works from the pre-install team, every time they say anytime before the installation date. Worth asking pre-installs to confirm your install date and ask why it isnt showing in the app, you'll need that if you end up having to claim delayed install compensation.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Emmaau04, thanks for this update and sorry to see you haven't been able to confirm the install date and any updates on the cabling work outside.

We've also seen that you were in touch with our team over a call on Thursday, did you get some further advice on what's the status of your install or do you still need help with this?

Please, do let us know and we're happy to assist where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs