Menu
landi_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband high ping loss and latency

Hi

Hoping someone can help me as for number of days now I'm getting high ping loss and latency, to the point where online gaming is not possible and working from home is almost pointless exercise due to continued drops of Citrix connection.

I did post in Gaming support to no avail, so trying here.

Live BQM is:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9cb289e7ba303caf36a28fe1bf27b180e9...

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband high ping loss and latency

Looks to me like a combination of an intermittent noise fault and over-utilisation. You see how it's very poor during normal waking hours, and then peachy from about half past midnight to 9 am? Shows that the network and your hub are working perfectly when there isn't too much traffic. 

If I'm right about over-utilisation, there's nothing you can do to improve matters. In some areas VM undertake work to rejig the local networks to balance loads and eliminate over-utilisation. But sometimes that's either not possible, or judged uneconomic if there's a need to spend money on more equipment. And sadly VM won't ever admit the truth, so even if there is a fault reference and a "fix date" there's no way of knowing if that fix date is actually backed by an actual plan of action and programme of works. Quite often it seems not, and as the fix date approaches it is simply moved a month or two ahead.

From a recent exchange between a customer and VM in this forum:

Customer: Scheduled for a fix for over utilisation on 26th Feb, 10th March, 24th March, April 6th, April 12th, April 27th, May 11th, May 25th, June 8th and June 22nd. Has the fix date been pushed back again? Please confirm.

VM staff:  Thank you for getting back to us, I have had a look into your account for an update. The estimated fix time had been pushed back to 29 JUN 2021 12:20.  Our team are working hard to resolve this for you.

And a different one here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-upload-speed/m-p/4756237#M273896

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband high ping loss and latency

Hi landi_uk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your broadband. 

I have been able to locate your account. Would you be able to check your cables to ensure they are all properly secure?

^Martin

0 Kudos