Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband flashing green

Hello. I have moved into my new address on the 26th and received the quick start kit (cables only) on the same date. I have been instructed previously to take the hub from the previous address with me. I have plugged everything into the wall on the 26th and been on calls for the past two days with the customer services to no avail. I really need internet connection as I am working from home. Please advise.

Account number is [removed]. Area ref 18.

Thanks,

Paul

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband flashing green

If VM have authorised the Hub and it's still not working, it could be the cable is disconnected from the street CAB. Did they say if they can "see" your Hub online ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

In the second to last conversation I was told that the signal test was ok and should wait for up to an hour for everything to be up and running. Nothing happened for two hours and gave them a call back and was told to wait for 24 to 48 hrs, which is the same thing I was told the other day.

Thanks,

Paup

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you take existing equipment with you then this needs to be transferred from the old account address to the new. Even when authorised, VMs systems check periodically to see where the equipment is being used on the network. If the equipment is moved to an area controlled by a different optical node this is detected & the equipment is disabled.

Therefore it’s not advisable to use the equipment until customer services have been informed you are plugging it in at the new address.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulrosu,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're not quite up and running in the new home yet. 

Can you confirm what date we arranged for the services to start at the new property, should this have been on the date you moved (26th)?

Let me know if you're still having issues with this and I'll pop you over a private message to take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Yes, I was told everyone should be up and running on the 26th. I did my best to inform you about my move well in advance so any issues can be avoided.

The hub is in the same condition, flashing green.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, 

I'm not able to find any details for you, so I've popped you over a private message to get these (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing me those details over private message Paul.

I can see we've been contacted today and arranged an engineer visit for this.

If you're still having issues after the visit please do let us know.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos