Menu
Blindabyss
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down since last night

My broadband stopped working last night around 11. Since then my Hub 3 has had the WiFi light solid green and the power light blinking green. I've tried all the obvious stuff - reboot, reset, checking all wire connections.. My WiFi connection is showing as "connected without internet" I've tried contacting VM but the line keeps getting disconnected.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down since last night

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Blindabyss
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I said that I've tried everything obvious. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I won't bother asking anything else because you have obviously checked it.

Bye

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Blindabyss
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well if you insist upon asking the very basic questions as if everyone is worthy of being patronised perhaps it's for the best that you stay silent. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

With that attitude maybe we should all stay quiet as both items which Mike asked were not in your opening post - they may be obvious to you, but they are not obvious to everyone. 

I could ask you to try other things that Mike didn't suggest, but you've obviously already tried them, so I'd suggest you just keep trying them on the phone... 

Blindabyss
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

[REMOVED]. This was posted as a last resort so someone qualified could try and provide a resolution. Asking if I've checked for an area fault is absolutely patronising. 

Unfortunately, this kind of content is against our Forum Guidelines, specifically being rude to other forum users. The forums are community based and they can be a wait for a reply from the forum team. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This guy sounds like someone people would love to assist haha

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Blindabyss
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant contribution... 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Someone qualified from VM may (or may not) respond on here to you. They are currently taking 5-10 days to get to threads on here.

Dont reply or it just pushes your thread back to the back of the queue.

It is always quicker to phone in... there are many examples posted on these fora recently where calling at 08.00 gets the customer through to someone qualified with just a few minutes hold time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.