Menu
Telco_Engineer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down Hub 3 constant reboot

Hi, 

this evening totally randomly the network dropped. Checked the hub 3 and it was in cyclic reboot and keeps doing it over and over. 
tried restarting it - same problem came back. tried factory reset with the reset button held in for 60 seconds - same issue comes back. Tried removing power connection for a few mins - no change still constantly reboots.

I work from home and depend on my broadband for my income. I can’t work we can’t watch anything on tv, kids can’t do their homework as it’s online.

urgent help required please 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down Hub 3 constant reboot

Check the service status page.

Residential services are not meant for business use and do not cover you for loss of income.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sudden changes like that are usually a network problem, and those are normally picked up by VM's systems or other people's complaints, and resolved fairly quickly.  You may already have phoned the problem in, it may have resolved....so is the problem continuing, and do you have any internet access? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Telco_Engineer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all - this morning normality had been restored - don’t know what happened 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same a few days ago, at 23:30 complete loss of service, by 02:30 all back working as normal.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Telco_Engineer,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post!

We're sorry to hear that you had a small period of instability with your connection!

As @gary_dexter suggested, when issues like this arise, checking our Service Status page is usually the best bet. This page will let you know of any major issues in your area that could be impacting your connection.

You can also take a look at our WiFi Diagnostics Page if your connection is showing signs of issues.

We're glad to hear that your connection is back up and running! Please give us a shout if you need any further help or support.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Telco_Engineer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the reply. Just for the record I did check the service status and no issues were reported.

nevertheless I had no wired or WiFi service that night 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Telco_Engineer,

Thanks for getting back to us, and thank you for the update.

That is very strange that your connection cut out for a short period of time. Please keep an eye on your connection and let us know if there's any issues. 

If there are, please get back to us a soon as you can, so we can look through your account to see if there are any issues causing this.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos