Menu
lucygraham
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down - Gateway IPv4 address not valid - help?

Our broadband connection has been down for days now and I haven't been able to get help either by calling or on the online chat. Have tried resetting and rebooting the hub and now when I try to connect a device it says broadband down and gateway IPv4 address not valid, does anyone know what this means?? I am living in a rented student flat so the account is not in my name and I'm not sure how to find out what's wrong.

Many thanks 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down - Gateway IPv4 address not valid - help?

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
masterchief4115
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Someone on Reddit managed to get theirs working after seeing this error by setting up a Guest Channel. I’m having the same issue and it didn’t help me, but maybe it’ll work for you so sharing it just in case. 
when I tried setting it up it was through the connect app on my phone. It was a lucky connection made to the hub and it was an option on the Broadband tab, the Wi-fi Settings page. Good luck, but I suspect the issue is much further up the chain than our houses...

0 Kudos
lucygraham
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have given this a go but unfortunately still no luck 😞 thanks very much for your help anyway!
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos