cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnects many times accross the day

mokko
Tuning in

Every few days I have my broadband disconnecting completely and router restarting. Once restarted it will take some time to establish connection and then seemingly work for a little things like check email for some time, but as soon as I do anything more like try opening YouTube or file transfer router restart again. This cycle would take even 1 hour until it will stabilise for some time. It's been like that on and off for over a month.

Does anyone else had similar experience? I've tried calling VM but they have been closed and also rebooted my router and the stats below are after factory reset with a pin button at the back. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mokko,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

mokko
Tuning in

Network Log

Time

Priority

Description

Mon Apr

US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 11; New Profile: 12.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 23; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Ranging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 17; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Ranging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 17; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Mon Apr

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post full stats, from the log I would guess at a circuit problem.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The log shows an awful lot of T3s for one day. A few are normal but that many certainly points to a problem!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi mokko, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your broadband connection. Taking a look at things this end, I can see some of your downstream power levels are too high and the overall SNR levels need adjusting too. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @mokko,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

I just had the connection checked carefully by the engineer and the fault has been identified - the cable outside of the house needs replacing.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it and for booking an engineer visit! 😀

PS. All posts were really helpful but I could only choose one as the helpful answer hence I picked Kath's one since this helped me getting an engineer on site. Thanks again everyone.

Hi mokko, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am happy to hear that the connection has been checked and the fault identified. 

The engineer will assign a cable crew to come out and replace the cable, hopefully this is resolved soon. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

I'm almost there (hopefully) but it looks that I need another visit. The connection seems to be all right (connected directly via ethernet) but I'm now getting intermitted breaks in connection from time to time (especially when doing large file transfer) and the box and pavement cover needs looking into.

Would you be able to help getting someone over

Many thanks,

Mike

I found it like this todayI found it like this todayI'm unable to close it shutI'm unable to close it shutThe box was opened when I checked it today as well, plus it looks that it needs a new one anywayThe box was opened when I checked it today as well, plus it looks that it needs a new one anyway

Hi mokko

Sorry to hear that.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide