Menu
Weedel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dates crossover

I have just ended my contract with BT effective from 18th February but virgin can install 1st February 🥳 is it simply a case of unplugging my BT router or will I need them to move the termination date? 
Thanks 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dates crossover

Hi,!possibly yes, it would depend on the area.

i will send you a private message for some details and take a look for you.

jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Weedel wrote:

I have just ended my contract with BT effective from 18th February but virgin can install 1st February 🥳 is it simply a case of unplugging my BT router or will I need them to move the termination date? 
Thanks 

Virgin provides a separate line for their router. It doesn't affect the BT line or router at all and they can both run in parallel. 

As Virgin installations are sometimes delayed, it is good to have that overlap so that you are not left without broadband. 

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you can afford it, I wouldn't end your BT contract until your Virgin services are in and working and you are happy with the results. 

Some people who are working from home prefer to keep the BT connection as a backup, as broadband is essential for them.