Menu
Mhax78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband cut off early!

On the phone earlier to discuss the disconnection date. Confirmed that it was 1st January. Whilst on the phone with the agent (non UK agent), our internet disconnected. Told the agent this, he assured me it hadn’t been disconnected and was likely just a drop. Sounded unlikely but as the service has been terrible recently, it could’ve been a coincidence. 
Despite reboots and off and on, it didn’t return. Spent a long time on the phone with many departments and all said it was connected and no issues. Eventually, one of them said it had been disconnected today! It had been an error of the agent who even confirmed 1st Jan. after again being past about, an agent in NI said it would be reconnected but would take 48 hours. This a couple of days before Christmas and even though it’s the error of Virgin. Having read other messages here, I do not hold out hope it will be restored in this time frame. Can someone please confirm that it will be fixed? Two children at home, no TV and quite possibly unable to play a game he’s been desperate to play for Christmas!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband cut off early!

Hi, Mhax78

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this so I will PM you now as I know what's happened.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Mhax78
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

if you’re still online I’ve replied to your PM. I didn’t receive a notification that you had replied and it had a huge delay in showing in my PMs.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark I will be handling this from here.  Are you still wishing for the new account to be purged and original account restored?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Mhax78
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

im just speaking to someone at the call centre now. The lady is trying to reinstate our service.

but yes, please cancel the 04 (I’m not sure what that means) new connection that my wife had arranged. I feel this would be better over PM.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am going to get the 04 account purged.  I am really sorry.  This is not going to happen until the morning now.  I have contacts who can action this, but they're offline until tomorrow.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Mhax78
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. The lady at the call centre is trying to help us now. 
I’ll let you know if not.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please do.  I will be at my desk at 8:00am, so I will be able to get to work on it with a colleague if required.

0 Kudos
Mhax78
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think this has been resolved. My wife called the pre install team to cancel the new order (but on calling this morning it had already been done?) and I’m currently on with the team to try reinstate my connection.

0 Kudos