Menu
hrmkit7777
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connection

Hi, I am with virgin right now and using virgin broadband. We are moving to new address. When I am checking on virgin broadband site to see whether I can get internet service from virgin, site says no virgin broadband service available to your address. I put my both next door neighbour address and can see they are getting it. Could you please help me why my home isn’t available. If my both (right and left) neighbours are getting then definitely cable is going from home so I should be able to get it too. Please help me else I will have to pay early cancellation which I don’t want to and also I like your broadband service too.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband connection

Hello hrmkit7777

Thanks for your post 

There may be 2 reasons and these are not set in stone either 

Cable to the property may have been damaged and resulted in this becoming non serviceable 

Also it may be that the area full to capacity and we have no space for an new customer 

I am happy to take a look at the new address for you, "will need to send a private message"

Also as per our Terms and Conditions, if you leave during contract you will need to pay the remainder , this is explained here 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello hrmkit7777

Thanks for those details 

As expected the area is full to capacity at the moment 

Its where we are not able to add any more new customers until one leaves

When that is, we sadly cannot tell you any more 

It would always be worth calling our Sales Team 0800 183 1234 over the next few months 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
hrmkit7777
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Problem is I am virgin customer and moving home. My contract was started 6 months again and I loved virgin brand band and wanted to get this with me to my new home. But without adding lien to my home . Not possible . Please can someone help .. just need 100mb now.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello again hrmkit7777

It is not possible to get any service right now at the new address 

We have advised why previous to this post 

Sorry it's not possible 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
hrmkit7777
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth but issues is I am existing customer and I am on 18 months contract. So far have used only 6 months. Now we are moving to own new home. And would love take our broadband connection with us. If not possible due to capacity then we will be in trouble. How can you make your existing customer disappointed by saying ‘no capacity’ to add line. There should be a way to Increase capacity to make happy existing customer rather simply saying no connection is available. I did check last month and I was able to see line was available but I was waiting for contract exchange before contact virgin. But the day contract exchange of my home, I did check and your site change status that no service available. That’s strange. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry hrmkit7777

At the moment we have no capacity 

We are not able to add any more customer to the network 

I know its not the answer you are looking for and I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news 

I wish you all the best with the move 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
hrmkit7777
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

But my both next door can get 1g speed and I sure they are using 1g. So if they are on 200mb then still have 1.6g available ( 2gb - 400mn of both neighbours ) = 1.8gb free .. so how come I can’t get 100mb from 1.8gb free 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello again hrmkit7777

It's not about sharing 2Gb between 3 customers 

It's about each property having a connection 

Right now there are no spare connections available for the property you are moving to 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
hrmkit7777
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So what’s wrong for adding share connection? Can this be not added ?

0 Kudos