Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connection.

I am cancelling my TV package with V6 box and just keeping broadband. Once the TV package has ended can I remove the cable from the V6 box and plug my hub into it. At the moment my hub is upstairs and V6 box in the lounge. I would prefer my hub in the lounge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband connection.

Hello

Yes you can that it shouldn't affect your hub at all in most cases, if it does then you will an engineer to resolve any network power related issues.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There must be a splitter somewhere, probably in the omnibox on the front of your house. The connection you are not using should have a ‘terminator’ put onto it. This is to stop noise ingress into the system. VM should send you this in the return packaging. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the white box on the wall, there are two points on it. Tv which is what leads to the v6 box and fm which is unused.

0 Kudos