cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband at my address???

Selawman
Joining in

I have the the Virgin connection on my driveway and my immediate neighbours can receive Virgin at their properties, but when I put in my postcode it states that it is not available for my address?

Why is this, as it doesn’t make any sense? As I’ve said, the connecting socket is on my driveway! Surely I can get the service?

5 REPLIES 5

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Selawman 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi,

I replied to your messages a week ago.

No reply from you since?
Have you an update for me as promised?

Hi @Selawman ,

I apologise sincerely, have replied three times to your messages but cannot understand why you are not seeing them. I will escalate that.

Thank you for the photos you sent over, they were very helpful. The issue with your property is the distance you are set back from out access point and the fact that is a concrete drive not grass that presents a problem. To access your house there would be a considerable amount of construction work required and the fact it looks to be a shared drive compounds the issues. At this point I would say that your property would not be serviceable for these reasons.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for, we would of course love to have you as a customer.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Jon,

If my messages have been read you will see that I have informed you that the other other property sharing my drive is my Mother in law, so access is no issue!

By a ‘considerable amount of construction work’ I assume you mean a longer cable?
I would be willing to bear extra reasonable costs.
Are you saying that there are no possible options for me to receive broadband with Virgin?

Hi @Selawman ,

in order to reach your property we would need to dig up part of the drive, effectively a straight line from the access point to your property. Where this is grass or a soft surface it is pretty simple however for a drive way the work is more substantial as we would need to dig deeper and reinstate to a higher specification given the drive needs to bear vehicular access. To be honest we would probably need to relocate that access point to the front of your house, the cost of which would be too great and unfortunately we don’t allow our customers to fund this work either.

Occasionally some customers will lay their own ducting from their house to the edge of their property, close to the access point. This can be used by us however we would not take responsibility for any upkeep. If this is something you think you might like to explore I am happy to arrange a site visit to explain further what you would need to do.

thank you

Jon