Menu
whatme
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband area outage but VM will only look at the individual!

Yesterday, our broadband services stopped working at 10am - Area 21.  The VM status page showed an outage.  At 2pm the fault F009004762 was said to be fixed, but services still hadn't resumed.  My neighbour also said he still didn't have is broadband services working.  Later in the day, another fault was showing on the VM status page F009005052 and 30 minutes later this again said it had been fixed, but services still hadn't resumed.

This morning the fault looked to had been fixed and I had broadband until about 11am when it dropped again. It then came back after about 20 minutes, but has now once again dropped for good.  I've logged a call with 150, but they believe it's a problem with my router even though my neighbour has the same problem and he too has logged a fault with them. They won't send an engineer until Thursday!!

There is a green cable junction box on the street near our houses which was being worked on yesterday, so expect the fault is localised to houses which use this box. How can I get VM to acknowledge there is a wider fault, rather than treating each person on the street individually and booking individual engineer visits over the next week or so!!?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband area outage but VM will only look at the individual!

any tech bookings will be cancelled if there is a known fault - the system allows an agent to book the visit but then that same system will cancel it - you may get notification or the tech may just not arrive

the service status page is for wide spread problems and is unlikely to show one cabinet problem - telephone support may also not have the local fault logged

however you have had fault numbers so something is known

all you can do on the phone is keep reporting the problem and try and get past the - its nothing to do with us its your router BS

staff will get to the thread and may be able to look at things and add detail

Tony
0 Kudos
whatme
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband area outage but VM will only look at the individual!

Yes, annoyingly my neighbour had an engineer booked to come tomorrow, but obviously that got cancelled as the fault rectified itself in the evening.  No he has to wait until the end of the week too!

Our faults are obviously related to the wider outage experienced yesterday, but VM won't link anything together, and are only relying on the status page to say if there is a problem.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos