Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Quickstart no connection

Hi,

I received my router and went through the quickstart bits.  Had the text saying all is OK and have tested my kit, factory reset the router etc and still have no broadband.  When we moved into the house moved into the house we had an engineer who left us with no working service and I spent 2 days trying to get a call logged.  I ended up leaving because I couldn't get the issue resolved.  I decided to try Virgin again and am in the same position, no broadband and sitting on hold for hours.

Any ideas worth trying? I am on the verge of leaving again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Quickstart no connection

Did you call in (0800 953 9500) to "activate" the new Hub?
If not do so - if you did, try again it sometimes doesnt happen !

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s possible if you have done what @jbrennard has suggested that your cable has been disconnected at the local street cabinet. This will need a technician’s visit to correct, so call customer services. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your responses.  Yes it is activated. Tried on both ports we have coming into the house as well as we always suspected a dodgy install (cable was thrown over the house!).  I have tried to get through to Virgin and spent over 30 mins in a queue on 6 attempts.  I have raised a complaint but will wait and see.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Waiting to see will get nowhere - you wont be contacted by CS. You need to be proactive. Either keep calling in until you get a technician visit or wait here for a day or so to see if one of the VM mods can sort you out.

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early between 08.00-10.00 is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful - particularly if you say tyou are seriously thinking of cancelling because of this.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam - time someone had a look - original post is earlier than the queue date so suggest this has been missed

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CKtastic,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear you haven't got a connection since setting up your quick-start kit.

We need to arrange for a quick start man to come and get this resolved for you, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos