Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Outage - Oomph Bundle

My broadband has been down since about 9am this morning.

The problem is recognised on Virgin Media's Service Status as a local but widespread issue due to some fibre cable damage in the local area. I've registered my account against the issue and I'm getting automated email updates regularly but the ETA has already been put back at least twice.

As part of my bundle I have an Oomph sim card and I understand Virgin Media will provide unlimited data in the event of a broadband outage. Is this something I need to claim or will this be done automatically having registered my fault online? I work from home full time so it's likely I will rack up a fair amount of usage if the outage continues for more than a day or two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Outage - Oomph Bundle

Hi ianroberts,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear you were affected by the outage.

Is everything up and running for you now?

It would only be the Unlimited OOMPH bundle that would get an unlimited SIM, not just the boosted OOMPH SIM on its own.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. My connection came back sometime on Monday night so I was only without it for the day so the data wasn't really an issue.

However, the Virgin Media website states the following on the Oomph Bundles page, not the Ultimate Oomph Bundle page:

If your broadband ever goes down, we'll add Truly Unlimited data to all SIMs on your account.

Are you suggesting this isn't actually the case?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianroberts,

You're right about this one, apologies!

I've popped you over a private message so i can get a few more details from you 🙂 (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos