Menu
throwaway_98746
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Only - What happens to calls?

Looking to switch from BT to VM on the M100 Fibre Broadband Only deal but I don't see anywhere in the T&C or FAQ details of what happens to the landline phone. Will I still be able to recieve phone calls?

I'm not looking to make any calls on the landline (probably be extortionately priced anyway) as I have another mobile plan that covers it, but I also don't want to miss out on receiving any phone calls (especially from abroad) or for others to be financially penalised for calling my landline. Could someone please advise?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Only - What happens to calls?

Hi there, a landline isn’t required for Virgin Media broadband , it uses a separate cable Your calls will come via your hub if you choose to take a telephone package.

I will drop you a private message to check what services are available to you.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you sign up for the M100 Broadband only package then you won't have a phone line, in addition you will lose your existing BT number so won't be receiving any phone call at all!

So what you could do is either take out a phone package with VM, the cheapest one they do will probably be OK, or alternatively just stick with the broadband only and sign up with a VoIP service and use that instead. Were you looking at porting your existing phone number from BT to whatever you plan to go with? If you do then whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the BT line until the porting has gone through.

throwaway_98746
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Jon, I've PM'ed you
0 Kudos