Menu
Bluebaldybob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband G46 area.

Hi there. Are there any issues with broadband in the G46 area in Glasgow at the moment. Both myself and my friend are experiencing random disconnects over the last 3 days, lasting about 10-15 minutes with no net access and flashing green light on base of superhub. Service status comes up with no known issues but affects both housholds at the same time. Tivo box also shows connection problems. (Area 28) Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband G46 area.

Hi Bluebaldybob, 

Thanks for using the forums to ask about this issue, I'm sorry that its been persisting over the last few days or weeks, lets see what we can do to rectify it. 

So you said there were no faults on the service status checker, this is fine and thanks for doing this. Have you tried to perform a wired speed test to see what your connection speed is like? You can do this here and let me know what result you get.

Also - I've checked our faults system and can see there is a reported fault where the lights on the HUB flash to show low WIFI connection, however this shouldn't be disconnecting your whole network like you've stated. What I think we need to do is perform a loop-back test with the Ethernet cable. Plug both ends of the cable into the HUB (there should be two female ports for this) When they're both plugged in can you tell me if the lights on the ports come on? This test will tell me if you are getting a proper connection or if we need to send out new equipment.

Let me know what you find after you've done those tests and we'll continue from there 🙂

Kind regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bluebaldybob
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, and thank you for the reply.

I ran a speed test and results are as follows: Ping: 8ms. Download: 221.85Mbps. Upload: 25.09Mbps.

Loop back test performed showing green lights on both ports (I have replaced with new ethernet cable just in case) I have also ran the Virgin connect app on my phone, and scanned the wi-fi in all the rooms in my house. This shows a good connection for all the devices connected all over the house. My neighbour down the road from me is also having the same issues. Other than this fault that has been occuring over the last few days, I am very happy with wi-fi coverage and broadband speeds.

Kind regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert, 

Thank you so much for doing all of that for me, its good that you're getting a connection through the loop back test, however it doesn't give us a diagnosis of the issue. 

I've gone on our fault checker and done some tests myself however its come back stating no known outage, and asks you to monitor the service over the next few days. 

So it sounds like you're experiencing minor intermittent service issues in your area that our faults system hasn't picked up yet, I have reported it so that we can monitor the situation. However if it persists please let us know so that we can build a more robust report. I would also ask your friend to report their issues as well to our faults team on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 2 then 3. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't find a clear explanation, however we will work with you to get it resolved once our faults system has recognised it.

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bluebaldybob
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.

Update on the issue I am having. Unfortunately this problem is still ongoing, with random drops on Wi-fi and ethernet connection. I lost connection on these dates, last one being today.

12/11/19              19:36     No Wi-Fi and no Ethernet connection. Network connectivity light on Tivo V6 box on.

Only light on the superhub is the bottom white light (on solid)

Internet back on at 19:47hrs. (Off 11 minutes)

14/11/19              23:00     No Wi-Fi and no Ethernet connection. Network connectivity light on Tivo V6 box on.

Only light on the superhub is the bottom white light (on solid)

Internet back on at 00:00hrs. (Off 30 minutes)

16/11/19              09:45     No Wi-Fi and no Ethernet connection. Network connectivity light on Tivo V6 box on.

Wi-fi light on solid, and connectivity light flashing on hub.

Internet back on at 09:59hrs.

System status is showing no faults on broadband.

Hoping something can be done to rectify this.

Kind regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluebaldybob, 

I am really sorry that this issue is still persisting, I'll be more than happy to have another look at it. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so that we can go into your account and see what we can do in the background. 

Look for the purple envelope. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos