Menu
Tebyxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Contract

Hi,

My broadband contract says it starts at £32 a month and will go up to £38 after the year.
its actually gone up to £41 a month after the year and I have no idea why. Virgin didn't even tell me it was going to go up to this, which is a bit wrong imo.

I really dont want to ring the customer services, is there someone I can email or write to?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Contract

to discuss billing you would need to call CS.
there is no email option.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The reason it has gone up to £41 instead of £38 is because of VM's annual price rises - these are applied to both discounted contracts and out of contract and full price connections. 

Given that UK inflation is running about 2.1%, you might be wondering why VM need to put their prices up by around 7.5% (which certainly won't reflect any salary increase that their everyday employees see), and the answer is quite simply that they can and do this most years - sometimes twice in one year. 

VM are not price regulated, and experience tells them that most customers just keep paying when the price leaps.  Only if that starts to change will VM stop doing it.  Many customers have no idea what real use they make of the speeds that VM sell, and the marketing is carefully crafted to persuade people that they'd really suffer with an Openreach connection, when in fact most people would never notice the difference between 60 and 300 Mbps unless they run a speed test, or regularly download files of tens of gigabytes.

Tebyxx
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I understand! 

It would have been nice of them to let me know it was changing though! 

0 Kudos