Menu
alau07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant Customer Service

Okay, so the scenario is my initial yodel package was stolen and the second delivery attempted never arrived, which I had contacted Virgin Media the Monday before (5th October) which they had acknowledged and said no equipment is outstanding on my account (of course this was on the phone so I don't have it on writing), following which he said he would remove my email and mobile from the account to ensure I don't get these emails again. Then Virgin Media is now spamming me everyday with more automated emails to return equipment, yet again, threatening "a replacement charge of up to £100" for not returning their Arris Super Hub (Broadband Router).

Does anyone have the direct email to their sales/support team so I can get this complaint done in writing so I can start protecting myself?

The "web form" for filing a complaint is also down, how convenient. It's almost if they're trying to make it as difficult as possible for customers to contact them directly in writing...

Snail mail is also an option but I'd rather get this resolved quickly before they try to take my money.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brilliant Customer Service

There is no email address for sales, support or complaints.  All complaint options are listed here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

If you want to do it in writing and the web form isn't working then snail mail is the only option.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@alau07 I have tried the online complaints form and I got an error about an expired page, but when I tired again a few minutes later it worked and brought up the page with the form.  Maybe worth trying it again.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
alau07
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972 Lol all I get from the complaints' page is: "Your account's been disconnected. This means you're unable to access this area of your online account, so you won't be able to manage on-going issues or raise new ones."

Thank you Virgin Media, as expected they make it so difficult to get in touch with them. I've read through the complaints' code of practice already and again, they're pushing telephone calls rather than doing it in writing or email, no surprise there.

I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and see if this outstanding hub is still on my account, this time probably using the live chat option if they're not faffing about ignoring messages or phone calls as usual. Then I'll write a letter as I don't feel like I can trust what any of their office drones say on the phone anymore.

Will keep this thread updated 🙂

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@alau07 wrote:
Lol all I get from the complaints' page is: "Your account's been disconnected. This means you're unable to access this area of your online account, so you won't be able to manage on-going issues or raise new ones."

Thank you Virgin Media, as expected they make it so difficult to get in touch with them.

That's quite different from it being down as you previously stated, it sounds like it needs an active account to attach the complaint to.

Snail mail it is then, if you need it in writing, but unlikely to be a quick resolution via that route.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post on our Community Forums alau07, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with our team in regards to the whereabouts of the equipment

Has this been reported to Yodel at all? Can you tell me if you're still seeking to take the service with Virgin Media or if you've chosen to cancel with us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
alau07
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This yodel issue happened in the beginning of September. I cancelled as soon as I could which led to this "outstanding equipment fiasco" because:

1. Yodel has online reviews which suggests packages get "lost" easily, especially the Virgin Broadband Hubs. Yodel claims the driver had delivered it to me, and the package was signed under my name. Obviously a lie but I knew they were a bit dodgy after that telephone call. I called Virgin and they promised to send me another hub to arrive next day but it never arrived (yeah no surprise there).
2. Since Virgin Media will always use Yodel to deliver their hubs I'd rather not take any chances with either of Yodel's delivery driver's or Virgin's customer service ever again.

Subsequently I went for another company's broadband and couldn't be happier. I'm glad I left Virgin Media. I honestly wouldn't mind taking a small punt as penalty for leaving but £100 is no small amount... so I will avoid it or claim it back if I will be deducted near that amount.

To date Virgin Media is still spamming my emails with "outstanding equipment" as detailed in my original post, with a potential fine up to £100. I've called Virgin on Monday 5th October to which I was reassured there is no outstanding equipment on my account... Of course I don't have this in writing so the Virgin Media bots will probably take money from me if some part of the system says so.

I anticipate this post will be deleted as "I no longer hold an account with Virgin Media"...

Also how convenient that the "chat" function on Virgin Media's main website is down. Last time I called it was a 45 minute "hold" queue with unsurprisingly false promises from their telephone drones.

My advice for everyone is don't trust their customer service to do anything for you, and avoid all service providers that use Yodel.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A lot of residents in our local area are in a whatsapp group, and you'd be surprised the amount of times people say "I've had a parcel delivered that isn't my address if the owner wants to collect" and they are always Yodel and Hermes. The delivery driver just takes a photo of proof of delivery, but not proof of the correct address! 

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying alau07. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) so we can confirm a few details and we'll do all we can to help from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos