cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Hub 5 flashing white light

FatherMagoolies
Tuning in

I’ve received a new Hub 5 and I’m having no end of trouble trying to set it up.  I’ve unplugged my Hub 3 and connected up the Hub 5, but after an hour and countless reboots I’m still faced with the flashing white light.  Everything is connected correctly and the service was working fine with the Hub 3 (albeit a little slower than advertised).  I’ve called VM and the agent couldn’t even understand what I was asking him.  In the end he’s booked an engineer for next week (which is no good as I work from home and need the internet for tomorrow).  

Anything else I can try?  Does the router need to be activated at VM’s end before I can use it?  I tried asking the rep about this but he wouldn’t give me an answer. 

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Tarkustank,

I can see that my colleague has responded to your other post about this. We'll continue to assist you from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tarkustank
On our wavelength

Thanks Zachary,

Upgraded back to a Hub 3.

let’s see how it goes. 
cheers

Neil

So I came home tonight and was greeted by 2 sons who couldn't get onto WiFi. Fast flashing lights. This is what I did and the problem went away. 

1. Switch router off

2. Completely unplug virgin cable from the back of the router.

3. Switch router back on. Leave for 5 mins. The light was steady at this point.

4. Turn router off

5. Plug router cable back in

6 Switch router on

7. Happy light 🙂

Don't know why but it worked.

Hi @montyjon, thanks for your post here in the community.

That's great news! Really appreciate you leaving your comments on here, just in case others have the same problem.

All the best.

Many thanks

Tom_W