Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Box installed on my exterior wall

I have come home to a box fitted to my exterior wall. To supply a property at the rear. This one done with consent and it is an eye sore. I want to get it removed. Customer service have said engineer has to booked through account holder. I dont have an account i want it taken off my property. How can i book enginner to come and collect virgin equipment

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box installed on my exterior wall

A VM Mod should reply in a day or two and be able to help.
Meanwhile, can you give more details and perhaps post photos.
Have you moved in fairly recently - if so - there my be a pre-existing wayleave agreement in place (from a previous owner) that gives them the permission.
Are there any cable network points inside you property already (albeit inactive").

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand 

Sorry John, but you have been a member of this community for long enough to understand the different roles undertaken by the Virgin Media staff.

Check the Getting started page for a refresher. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk

The moderators generally only check the forum for breaches of the rules.  The Forum Team are the ones to give advice where required 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning HARWAY2007,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you want to get this box removed. Just to confirm, are you saying that we were given consent to install the box on the wall in question?

If we've been given consent to do this, it might be worth talking to the person / organisation who consented to this to be installed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't look like he's saying that at all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

It doesn't look like he's saying that at all. 

I agree... but what he said was "This one done with consent and it is an eye sore" So I guess the VM staff are just clarifying first 😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no ive not moved in recently. Basically the building has been split into 4 homes. My home is owned. There are 2 at front and two at the back. One of the two at the back has had virgin installed. Virgin have then proceeded to put a box on my exterior wall without consent. The cable is then going up the wall ( not full attached) over the roof and into the property at back. All i want is the box taken off my wall. Its not my concern how they go about supplying the rear premises. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

They where not given consent by myself or partner. And they where not given consent by their landlady. As mentioned before my property is the only 1 of the 4 thst is owned. The person whos had instalation may have falsely assumed mine was rented also. It is an eye saw say the least. I bascially came home from work with this brand new brown box fitted to my wall last week and cable running up the wall and over the roof to reach rear property

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the typo.. to confirm it ment to say  without consent

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi you have quite correctly given Virgin time to act, I would have added a time frame for it to take place 14 days or 30 the time they require to terminate thier services, and then do what you see fit.Regards Micky
0 Kudos