Menu
btmc0209
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Booster

I have only been with virgin media broadband for 3 weeks. The app says I required a booster due to black spots in my house. I ordered through the app and also spoke to customer services who confirmed I had ordered the booster. That was nearly two weeks ago, nothing delivered and in myorders there is no record of it. Is this normal or do I need to phone again? 

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

If you can buy your self / house hold a new present for Christmas ditch the booster and buy a third party router to extend WiFi coverage.

For your question. it can take up to 2 weeks for a staff member to reply to this thread.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

M500 | Hub 3 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
btmc0209
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

Thanks for your response. I never had any issues with my previous provider but since coming to virgin under a month ago I feel I should be able to get WiFi in my kitchen with the monthly fee I will be paying. So I don’t want to go and pay more money just for what I think should be the basic, so I’ll give the virgin booster a try first. 

can I ask tho, will a third party router just connect to my own WiFi and act as a booster in these other rooms? How much is a good one likely to cost?

thanks

0 Kudos