Menu
james_gilfillan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Booking engineer

Hi, I can't work out how to book an engineer to install the cable box for new broadband setup. Ordered quick start by mistake but have bt openconnect cable box so can't set up equipment alone. Have messaged through chat window and text, no response. Can't get through to the customer service that's still running on the phones. No issue with it being busy, happy to wait a few weeks, just can't seem to book a slot or get any response

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking engineer

you can ring or text or wait here but if the system allowed quick start then there has been VM there before

the internal nbox may have been removed as sometimes happens but they tend to leave the internal cable - start outside and look for the external box - follow any wires that go from it and go inside - if you can see non look on the internal wall opposite the external box as the wire could be hidden by the box

Tony
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Text service on 07533051809

Or 0345 454 1111 to speak to Cs staff. Ring at 8am for best result 

james_gilfillan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Tony, brown box and wire leading into our wall seem to be in place, but box must've been removed

0 Kudos
james_gilfillan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will give it a go at 8am tomorrow, cheers

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @james_gilfillan

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you had an issue with your self-installation last month. Whilst we're not able to convert self-installations to manned installations via our Forums, I have managed to located your account for you to take a closer look. 

I can see that you have since been able to contact us and this looks to have all been sorted out? All equipment seems to be up and running and active from this end - I do hope that is the case at home too?

If you have any further issues with your services now all installed, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos