cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking an engineer

jamesr2
Joining in

Hello. I woud like to book an engineer as it seems the connection Box on the outside of our house may be ageing to the point I am concerned the connection will suffer at some point. Is it possible to book an engineer to replace the connection box and replace the cable?

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post a photo of the outside omnibox to allow VM to assess the damage.  However they may charge a £25 fee if the kit is not in need of replacement.  A repull of the cable will be at the discretion of the technician. My cable was very old (at least 20 years) and was only replaced due to a 3rd party cutting it by accident.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post a photo of the outside omnibox to allow VM to assess the damage.  However they may charge a £25 fee if the kit is not in need of replacement.  A repull of the cable will be at the discretion of the technician. My cable was very old (at least 20 years) and was only replaced due to a 3rd party cutting it by accident.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks! I'll certainly do that. If I do, how do I go about booking an appointment as there's no clear information on the VM website on how to do this. Also, very hard to find info on who to call 

Hi @jamesr2

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your Omnibox!

I will drop you a private message now to collect some more information so I can have this resolved for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs