Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Booking an engineer for wall socket.

Ordered the self install kit only to find there is no where to plug it in the home, it's a bt openreach socket. I have tried to call customer service for 3 and a half hours over the last 2 nights and after no one picks up when 60 mins has gone it simply cuts off. !!!!!!! Really??.

I need to have a home installation with a virgin media wall socket. 

I don't have time during the day at work and there isn't even an email address to sent the query to. Very bad service virgin. 

There isn't even a call queue number, just you holding on and waiting for someone to answer. Been cut off twice now both after an hour --- I need to have this sorted out virgin media, are you there.??? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking an engineer for wall socket.

VM only send a quickstart pack to a property where they know that there has been a previous connection. So can you trace the wiring from the outside "omnibox" to where it comes inside and see if there is a VM connection there. If may have been concealed by a previous occupant - or removed of course.
Is the installation showing in your online account details?
In any case - to get a tech install quickly you will need to call it in - try at 08.00 you should get through with little wait time. I got through in 15 minutes a few Wednesday's ago at 1pm.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days up to a week for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos