forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ashelia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Booked Virgin installation appointment, Virgin cancelled it 4 weeks later

Hello,

I booked an installation in December for internet and a phone line. On 24th December, I got a request for the Council's contact details (I'm in a Council house). The email included the following: "To get things moving, just give us a call on 0800 052 7588 or email the team at VMWebteam@virginmedia.co.uk" I emailed the information to Virgin on 26th December and heard nothing.

On 5th January, I sent an email asking if they received the first one. Heard nothing. Last week, I called them and they said the Council needs to contact Virgin to give permission for the installation to go ahead. Why didn't they email me to say that? On the phone to me, the Council said they don't need to give permission to Virgin. I emailed the Council on 14th January (for written proof) and was waiting for a response. They said up to 10 working days.

On 20th January, Virgin sent an email saying they're sorry I'm no longer interested...but I never said that. I think they cancelled the installation. I emailed them again but doubt I'll get a response. The installation was supposed to be on 26th January.

What should I do now?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Booked Virgin installation appointment, Virgin cancelled it 4 weeks later

Hi there,

Let me take a look into this for you. I will send you a private message for some more details see what I can do to help.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

ashelia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just came back to say Virgin rebooked for the end of February. Another long wait, but thank you Jon for helping. I got several responses from you and not a single one to the three emails I sent directly to Virgin. Once again, thank you for helping, Jon!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

no problem at all, I am working on speeding the install up for you, I should be able sort this sometime next week for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

ashelia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Last update:

Once again, thank you Jon. The installation took place today. I was seriously thinking of trying a different provider, but then you stepped in to help. I wish all customer service was as good as you've been.

Thank you very much and I wish you all the best!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all, it’s great to have you on board. Thank you.

Jon