cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book pre-installation engineer (broadband)

ErinS
Joining in

Hey,

I am moving into a rented flat next week but the current broadband seems very old and will probably need some work done. I have an installation engineer set to come on March 25th but want someone to go an assess what will need done beforehand. How can I book a pre-installation engineer assessment?? 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ErinS wrote:

Hey,

I am moving into a rented flat next week but the current broadband seems very old and will probably need some work done. I have an installation engineer set to come on March 25th but want someone to go an assess what will need done beforehand. How can I book a pre-installation engineer assessment?? 

Thanks! 

It is very common for VM to re-use previous cables/connections from the earlier cable TV companies. They should work just the same.

May possibly be quicker to post some pic's up on here and say what you are expecting the problems to be. Contributors on here may be able to advise or reassure you.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ErinS, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

As mentioned above the connection should work fine, however if you do notice an issues once you are all set up please do reach back out and we can look into this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This assumes of course that the "current broadband" mentioned in the OP is a coaxial cable connection and not an Openreach wire.   The installation in that case will be a very different one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.