cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue flashing light following factory reset

Cookie_Nottm
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same problem, broadband disconnection dropped about an hour ago. Reset my hub 4 as suggested my VM staff on a call, now it is sitting alternating between flashing blue and flashing white.

Further power cycles and resets do not change the behaviour. It has certainly reset as the password for the hub reset to the default.

The hub built in test says “Your broadband connection is down”.

Google says flashing blue is to do with WPS which I don’t use and have not pressed the button.

VM staff did not know what it meant and said I need an engineer.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cookie_Nottm,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing issues with the connection from your Hub 4. If it's flashing blue then it means it's attempting to make a connection. I've checked things over on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently.

Are these problems ongoing for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach, service was restored about four hours after I called VM. I assume something was wrong remotely as they cancelled the engineer visit but I did not get any feedback what it was.

Could you let me know what is the difference between flashing blue and red which means there is usually a connection issue please? As the information here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working under "Understand what the lights mean on the WiFi Hub" states that blue is related to WPS? Does the documentation need updating perhaps?

Thanks for coming back to us Cookie_Nottm, I will get this information fedback to the team, so that we can get the site updated with the correct information be added to the online guides. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L