Menu
isee9
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blocked Duct

Morning,

I have been trying to get Broadband at my parent's house for them over the last few years. Over a year ago I contacted Virgin Media and booked an installation to finally get fibre broadband.

We were visited over 10 times by installation teams and area managers to be told there was a blocked duct along the road and access was needed to a pit on the road itself and this would be taken care of asap.

Well over a year has passed and no contact and still no work has taken place on our road, a house a few doors down has also had the same problem and was told they will never dig the road up for only 5 houses that are in need of fibre.

The rest of our road can get fibre and newly built apartments already receive it, my question is can I do anything about this? My parents can't even run a ring doorbell on the current below 1Mb broadband they have at the moment and there are 0 options for faster speeds other than Virgin Media.

The Business they have from home is suffering from such slow speeds and no better broadband in site.

Can you please help?

Regards

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked Duct

Hi I have seen so many posts of this nature on here, don't want to be a profit of doom but the sad fact is that if virgin decide its unprofitable they won't undertake the work, which involves all sorts of permits from councils plus a team of diggers and cable pullers. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
isee9
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked Duct

I also forgot to add there address is in London which I find amazing that highest speed they can get is 1Mb. I have friends that live on a farm and get more lol

0 Kudos