Menu
Maxpower123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Block Paved Street - but close neighbours have VM

Hi there,

I'm buying a house in a 1gig area. My street (cul de sac) is connected to that area and only house numbers 1 & 2 seem to have access to the VM network (according to the address checker). I assume this might be due to the fact that our street is fully block paved. What is interesting is that our cul-de-sac is facing another cul-de-sac (only separated by a narrow footpath). That neighboring cul-de-sac (about 20 metres from my house) is paved in the exact same way - but has access to the 1gig VM network, too... I tried calling the number a few months ago to inquire about my options to get my house connected - but they only told me that they'd do a survey and call back... Which never happened... Could one of you reach out to me and figure out what exactly the problem in in my road? I can pm the personal details.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Block Paved Street - but close neighbours have VM

Hi there

Happy to take a look for you

I'll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Maxpower123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That would be awesome - thanks!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

its possible the other street had the VM ducts installed before the block paving was installed
Maxpower123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mmm... Could be... Although the entire area was developed about 10 years ago pretty much simultaneously 

0 Kudos
Maxpower123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Also it looks like VM developed the area in 2015 - but for some reason ignored my stretch of road... https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/04/middleton-broadband-campaigners-leeds-hail-arrival-vir...

I'd love to know why

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

normally houses get missed for 2 main reasons. Cost or planning permission.
See what VM come back with
Maxpower123
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! Very helpful. Let’s hope they can give me such detailed feedback. So far they said that access is planned but they don’t know when...whatever that means

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you can get another provider to help you I would, as these sort of enquiries don't tend to be very fruitful from virgin because the people on here and call centres don't know themselves. Regards Micky
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If VM is installed at build, the developer pays for & usually installs the ducting as part of the build. So it is usually different builders having different policies & budgets.

We have a small estate a little way away from us where half the estate was cabled & half not. The part developed by one company with no build was on the main road coming into the estate, so the developer of the other part had to pay VM to install a feed down a public footpath to gain access to their part of the build.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks