cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank plate

Unsure11
Joining in

Hi. I have virgin 360 installed in a new build(3 year old) downstairs and everything OK.... Upstairs on bedroom wall next to electric socket I have a blank VM plate... Behind plate is a black cable. Would anyone have any idea as to what this is for? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply... Have found aerial splitter downstairs next to plugs and virgin fittings, will investigate further tomorrow

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Richw1982
Rising star

Hi, it would probably run to a utility cupboard where a splitter could be fitted to feed another TV in the bedroom

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Unsure11 wrote:

Hi. I have virgin 360 installed in a new build(3 year old) downstairs and everything OK.... Upstairs on bedroom wall next to electric socket I have a blank VM plate... Behind plate is a black cable. Would anyone have any idea as to what this is for? 

Have a look at VM's new build handbook

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/New-Build-Handbook-...

which shows examples of how they can wire up new build houses (page 19 onwards). You might be able to match some of the example layouts to your own home. Cables may be pre-wired (but not actually connected to sockets) so you can easily add services to new rooms without pulling the house apart to install new wires!

Hi, thanks for your reply... Have found aerial splitter downstairs next to plugs and virgin fittings, will investigate further tomorrow