forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Family71
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Better deal

Hi

I am out of contract next month wiht virgin for broadband 100mg. Price will go from 30.00 to 50ish has anyone mantioned to renegotiate a better deal once they are out of contract?

Also i notice the wifi is not the best on hub3 so i am thinking of getting a tp link archer 7 router hub into modem mode route.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Better deal

The new router will certainly improve your wifi.

You need to call in and follow options 1,1,4,4, and see what they say. call at 08.00 (09.00 Sun).

They are becoming more reluctant to offer big savings because after all, you have already had that saving for 18(?) months, over the price that the rest of us are paying. They may offer you a speed increase for the new price or something like that,

So you may have to be prepared to leave for anther provider and come back whenever you can to get a better deal.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Better deal

If you was paying £30 before for M100 that's already too much.
This question was asked only few weeks on the thread below which you may find helpful if read the complete thread 🙂
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Leaving-Virgin-Media-Good-bye-old-friend/...

The £16 deal I received was not a one off. I helped a family member only last week that was paying £34 for M100 and phone line. Don't waste time call them to negotiate instead just give the 30 days notice
He served the 30 days notice and waited for a callback. The 1st callback offer was £30 and 2nd callback was £23 which he accepted.
They gave me the same deal of £23 but I removed the phone line and was offered £16.

You will need to be brave and wait for the callback. You may not get that price on 1st callback but wait for the next call.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos