Menu
JamesK2021
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been waiting for Virgin over four years - please help :)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm reaching out for help. 

I previously lived at a house with Virgin, and absolutely loved the service. I moved into a new property 4 years ago, and have been registering interest ever since. Estate was built in 2003, surrounding areas (even a local country lane) all have Virgin available to them. 

Current Internet here is painfully slow. I am trying to work from home due to shielding, and have 4 other people in the house streaming, using the Internet for school Teams calls and the experience is head-bangingly awful for want of a better word. 

I have canvassed all neighbours who tell me they've also registered interest, but four years on we are no closer. 

I'd happy pay anything right now to get a decent broadband service in my house. The ASDL service available here is simply awful. 

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, but I am desperate to try and get Virgin in my area. 

Thankyou for reading my rant, sorry to waste anyone's time. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been waiting for Virgin over four years - please help :)

as you would be clased as "in-fill" it probably isn't going to be good news for you, and you need to assume that there will be no plans to provide service.

the cost to build the infrastructure would most likely outweigh any income achieved.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
JamesK2021
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your answer, I really hope that is not the case 😞 

I know there is Virgin availability at the road at the end of the estate, there's 100's of houses here so I'd like to think in investment would be worthwhile but I don't know what sort of costs would be involved. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What you should do is to get each of your interested neighbours individually to register their interest.  This will hopefully persuade Virgin to check whether there is sufficient demand to justify the installation costs.

Be aware that the network is under extreme pressure at the moment from people such as yourselves wanting to put heavy use on it, so that could furthe delay any new construction.  

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"in-fill" tends to be very expensive and often the cost of doing so would far outweigh the potential income it would bring in.

0 Kudos
JamesK2021
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for everyone's responses, appreciate the insight thankyou.

I hope everyone has a good day.
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

and, of course, the best advice is always... unless you physically see them diggin the street outside our house then assume it's not going to happen.

0 Kudos