cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been asked to return equipment but its telling me to return my newly delivered Hub 4?

Redinade
On our wavelength

Recently got the free upgrade from an old Hub 3 to a new Hub 4. 

The email I got this morning says to return the Hub 4 wit the SN matching the Hub 4 I just got. 

Can anyone from VM help me out here ?

14 REPLIES 14

Redinade
On our wavelength

I tried calling but couldn't get through with my busy day.

No one here has this issue?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the Hub4 connected and working fine?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I haven't hooked it up yet. My hub 3 is still connected. I would have done it today but this email threw me off.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"My hub 3 is still connected." that’s why you have been asked to return the hub4. You should install new hub as soon as you get it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Redinade
On our wavelength

Once I hook it up, will VM know that and ask for the Hub 3 instead?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They recently said they dont want Hub3's returning - recycle it - see message 5.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-Good-place-for-this-Upgrade-to-Hub-4-f...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Well I've hooked up the hub 4 and it has been red for a good 20 minutes now. 

What do I do to make it white? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can take a while - leave it an hour or so -  but they may have removed the Hub4 off your account - so it would need re-adding to your account and the Hub3 removing - only one Hub cn be acive on an account at any time.

So, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hub is all good now. 

I also got a text of them activating the new Hub 4.

Need to find out if VM still have it on their end that they want back the Hub 4.