Menu
Behnazelhaminia
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Base line flashing

Hi,

I received my QuickStart kit and did all the instructions step by step, but I still get a flashing green light at the bottom and no Internet connection. I also tried the factory reset process. I think it's the box

I've tried ringing the virgin media call centre more than 50 times for talk to expert but no one answered. It is 4 days that I cannot access to the internet

Is anyone from virgin able to assist please? 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Base line flashing

it wont be the box 

1st have you rung the activation line - if not do that - number should be with the paperwork

if you have activated it - do it again - it wont do any harm - if that does not work you need a tech to sort it - ring or wait here for VM

Tony
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The number to call for activation is 0800 953 9500

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Behnazelhaminia
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply 

I rang the number many times and did the activation. I received a sms that said the signal is sent to my home. 
I don’t know what to do and I am really disappointed from VM

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

as a self install VM know there has been an install there previously - what they dont know is if it still works - cables can get damaged - users disconnect the internal or external boxes or wiring - trace back the wiring to the external box and see if it all looks good or if there is damage or someone has disconnected something

if you can find nothing that looks wrong then you need a tech to sort it - VM will get to the thread and book one or you can ring

as to being disappointed with VM - they have done everything right so far - its not their fault there is a cable problem if thats what the problem is

Tony
0 Kudos
Behnazelhaminia
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony for the support. Since I need the internet as a matter of urgency (I need to deliver some work-related stuff and I wont be able to that using my phone internet), I would prefer to call a tech. I have tried ringing 03454541111 to call a tech but the only answer I get is that due to covid our call centre is closed. Is there any other line of contact you know of? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You have to wait for a long time to get through it sounds like you are not waiting over 30 Mins before it starts to put you in the que just ring it and do something else at the same time. at this time you might be waiting an hour before an answer so i recommend calling at 8 AM tomorrow as you will get through within 30 Mins as usually i do.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

try this - its text only - no idea of the wait time before they get back to you

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

Tony
0 Kudos