cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base LED

JohnAlkire
On our wavelength

The Base LED light on my Hub 3 is constantly red. What does this mean? Phone works fine as does internet access and WiFi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

It can mean the LED is ageing but all else is OK

It can also mean the Hub temperature is too high and the Hub needs to be replaced.

Login to the Hub's menu and run the diagnostics, is the temperature reported as being too high ?

Does the Hub feel hot or worse smell hot ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

It can mean the LED is ageing but all else is OK

It can also mean the Hub temperature is too high and the Hub needs to be replaced.

Login to the Hub's menu and run the diagnostics, is the temperature reported as being too high ?

Does the Hub feel hot or worse smell hot ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED is still showing red after a pinhole reset, it needs replaced.

The overheat warning should be working as it can be a fire risk otherwise.  VM are aware of this, and should swap the Hub without any issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Diagnostics says everything is as it should be. Talked to VM tech support and the individual says to ignore the red light. Make of that as you will but to me Red lights are a warning. Thanks for you help.

JohnAlkire
On our wavelength

As I indicated to Client62, Diagnostics says everything is as it should be. Talked to VM tech support and the individual says to ignore the red light. Make of that as you will but to me Red lights are a warning. Thanks for you help.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @JohnAlkire, and I'm sorry to hear of this poor advice.

The red light on the base on the hub, would be a sign of the hub overheating and will need to be replaced.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll aim to have this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn