Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad customer service and delayed installation

So I signed up to virgin on the 11th November for fibre broadband. The initial pre pull engineers came out a few days later to inspect the area and Mark the pavement. I was then supposed to have my pre pull on the 24th which didn’t happen and was then postponed to the 27th which nobody then showed up and was postponed yet again to the 29th with yet another no show. Finally they rescheduled it to the 30th which was also the installation date of the router. Today comes and I get a call from the installation engineer saying he’s on his way however I had to regretfully inform him that the wires haven’t even been laid down yet to his surprise. He then decides to make calls and enquire as to where the pre pull guys were. They ended up coming later in the day to pre pull which I was happy about however 30min into the job After digging up the pavement that unfortunately the wires are actually located in the road and that the previous team had failed to report that and that now they would be in unable to proceed. This would now mean that a new request for permission to dig up the road would be put in and could take up to 8 weeks to do. My contract with sky ends on the 4th January which means that I will be without internet for a couple of weeks potentially.  I have seeked to be compensated and have received £30 for each failed day which totalled to £90 and requested to also have the daily £5 compensation however they declined to do that for me and shut the phone in face while trying to plead my case and frustration after being on hold multiple times for a total of 2 hours! This service is absolutely unacceptable and appalling for someone who hasn’t even started to receive services. I’m tired of speaking to customer service reps who provide false information of call backs and complaint handling that doesn’t even happen which I also put in a week ago! This needs to be escalated to a senior manager who is actually going to provide results. 

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad customer service and delayed installation

This is why we tell people not to cancel their services until VM is in and working to your satisfaction. Although rare, unexpected things can crop up like this. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t cancelled my contract with Sky, it’s just naturally coming to an end on the 4th January. So technically it was going to overlap if installation had happened today.

0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah... Had the same problem too las year. 

Nathan Gamer. From this page.

0 Kudos