Menu
EvaWest14
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bad bad bad

I am a new customer for over 2 weeks I have tried to ring, web chat whatever I can to speak to someone and nothing! Everything is automated and tells me there is a queue of 1hr.  This is so bad!  Firstly I wanted to explain that my package was sold to me fraudulently (I have a recording of it) and my connection is non existent, my box is faulty but how can I do this when no one answers. Does anyone know how I can speak to someone otherwise I might just report to watch dog and ofcom and explain why I have gone straight to them.  I am so angry right now and can only speak to someone if I want to sign up (no worry there then with COVID 19 culling the service agent centres)

Radient
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad bad bad

They're literally the worst company for 'customer service' - there's nothing organised about anything they do. 

It's like all parts of virgin are like limbs cut off from the body with no way of talking to each other

Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

watch dog and ofcom are not really interested in individual complaints, so I wouldn't even go there. 

If you were signed up fraudulently you can easily cancel the contract by writing to the address on the contract, enclosing the contract with "Cancel" written across it. Send recorded delivery for best effect. 

EvaWest14
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Surely this cannot be allowed for them to continue with these bad and fraudulent practices.  It’s funny how the sign up lines are answered within 2 minutes and then once there is a problem, the centres have been culled due to government guidelines and restrictions and it may take up to an hour to answer your call. 

I think I might send back the equipment stop paying the bill and write to ofcom and watchdog just to see if something can be done this just can’t be right. Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not just VM though is it? For example, order something from Currys PC World and you can usually have it same day collection or delivered next day no problem within 10 minutes. Have a problem? "We are extremely busy and our telephone and web chat hold times are currently in excess of 1 hour". 

If people didn't like the practice the people wouldn't be buying it but people are having VM installed in droves (despite the reviews), so it can't be that bad.... 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have never had connection then yo can cancel without any charges.  Call in at 08.00 and follow options 1,1,4,4 to thinking of leaving

Dont stop paying any bill, or...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can rant here and why not but unless you post some facts then thats all it is - a rant - VM are here but account problems are something they do not deal with - that said if you want to add detail without anything of a personal nature like account numbers - email addys or phone numbers then you could get some help

but as said the thing not to do is cancel the DD

Tony
0 Kudos