Menu
danlester
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Awaiting Construction Work

Hi

I was asked to email you by the team at Virgin Media as we have been waiting 3 months for our permanent installation to be sorted out for our broadband. However the email address given to me has bounced.

At the moment we just have a temporary solution in place, and we did have a team from Virgin/Kelly Communications visit several weeks ago, but they said they couldn’t do the work that was required for some reason and that they would have to come back.

Since then we’ve heard absolutely nothing from anyone. I tried calling a few weeks ago but the person I got through to was unable to get through to your team.

The Virgin app is faulty in that whatever day I go onto it it just states I have an appointment due that day, which is clearly incorrect.

Our broadband service isn’t as good as I expected it to be, no doubt not helped by not having a permanent installation in place.

We’ve been waiting a long time and feel like we’ve just been forgotten about, so would like this to be sorted out as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you. If you PM me I’ll give you my address details.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awaiting Construction Work

VM dont do email.

Calling it in will be the quickest way to resolve this - try at 08.00 for getting through quickly.

VM staff do respond on here but it can be a week or more - particularly at this time of year.

In the meantime - if you describe what the issues are that you are having - users on here might be able to help sort it out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
danlester
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

I did call them (again!) and they told me I had to email the construction team, but the email address she gave me bounced (tbh it was hard to understand her).

I’ve seen they’ve responded on here to a similar issue so am hoping they’ll get back to me too. 

I still need all the cables pulling through properly and with a permanent installation - currently I think they’re using next door’s old stuff!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The virgin app isn't incorrect, you'll get the same result on the website. Your appointment is due every day unless its not done on that day, in which case it rolls over to the next day. There's no definitive date as it's all outside contractors which may rely on other contractors and even the council/etc. 

0 Kudos
danlester
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying, but I still find the lack of information, updates and communication in general to be really poor.

To be honest I’ve had issues with Virgin ever since signing up with them in September, including them cutting off my existing broadband despite not being ready to install theirs, stupidly long wait times trying to get through to them, being constantly given misinformation, and a general lack of customer care.

0 Kudos