Menu
chrisda
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Avonline socket, tech visit needed

Hi all, 

I know there are two other threads with the same issue on here, but neither has been updated with a conclusive resolution, so here we are again. I moved into an ex-Hackney Homes flat with Avonline sockets for TV, DAB, SKY, SKY+, TURKSAT AND HOTBIRD. I received my quick start pack from VM today but none of the sockets seem to work with my hub3. Needless to say, no VM wall socket in sight inside or outside of the property. 

Could someone from VM please help?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
chrisda
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avonline socket, tech visit needed

IMG_20201126_110139.jpg

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin will not send out a self install kit unless they have a record of a previous Virgin installation. The panel you show is not relevant.  If you can't find a Virgin socket you will need to book a manned installation. 

A VM person should see this thread eventually but you could try calling the help line tomorrow at 8am before they get too busy.

jsheard02
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm moving in to a house soon with the same avonline wall socket - just wondering if this was used to connect the hub3 router, or you had to find the VM socket elsewhere ?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @jsheard02 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

If you pop over to this link you will be able to see a picture of the box required and some additional information on your install.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jsheard02 wrote:

I'm moving in to a house soon with the same avonline wall socket - just wondering if this was used to connect the hub3 router, or you had to find the VM socket elsewhere ?

theres a thread on here that this was answered in but its a while ago so may have been archived - afaik one of the 2 connection on the right worked - the turksat or hotbird

the key is as said above if VM's system allows quick start then there has been an install in the past whether its still connected and works is not known until you plug a hub in - if not then a tech would be needed to sort out why

Tony
0 Kudos
chrisda
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried all the sockets I had in the house, none of the Avonline in the picture worked. Booked a tech visit, engineer had to run the cable from outside the flat to the room with the Hub, so I guess that's the solution.

0 Kudos
jsheard02
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great thank you, have a self installation package arriving on Saturday, and an engineer on Monday so should be all good! Thank you

0 Kudos